- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.sensodyne.co.za (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or posting material. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
This Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information via this Site from visitors in that age group without the explicit consent of a parent or guardian.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your operating system and browser type, websites you visited before and after visiting the Site, standard server log information and IP Address (see below). This information is aggregated to gather data such as the total number of visits to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors' internet service providers. We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how our visitors use our Site so that we may improve it and the services we offer. We may also share this aggregated information with other companies in the GSK group of companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you log on to your internet service provider or through your organisation's local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). Web servers automatically identify your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your session online.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
GSK is committed to using commercially reasonable means to ensure that your personally identifiable information is protected appropriately, and according to the sensitivity of the information. GSK uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personally identifiable information you provide to GSK on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, once we have received your information, we make commercially reasonable efforts to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Uses Made of the Information
GSK will not sell or rent personally identifiable information to third parties. Sometimes selected third parties are however used to provide GSK with support services in connection with the Site and such parties may, from time to time, have access to your information to enable them to provide those services to GSK. Please rest assured that all companies providing such support services are required by GSK to meet the same standards of data protection as GSK and are prohibited from using the information for their own purposes. In particular, GSK does not allow its service providers to use your personally identifiable information for their own marketing activities.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. We will contact you only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
GSK Flushing Meadows Building, The Campus
57 Sloane St, Bryanston